Filled with crunchy desiccated coconut bits, this Coconut Tart is a simple tart with a touch of nutty and coconut goodness, and will surely fulfil all of your coconutty needs!
Simple Yet Satisfying
This Coconut Tart is made from a simple combination of ingredients- eggs, sugar, full cream milk, melted butter, cake flour, vanilla essence, salt, and the star of the show- desiccated coconut. It is a simple vanilla tart with a slight coconut twist that will add a certain charm and uniqueness to the tart. This recipe does not require many steps and is quite simple– mix all of your ingredients together, pour into a greased pie dish, and bake for 55 minutes to an hour. You will know the tart is done when it has a golden brown crust and a cake tester comes out clean. The tart will flatten as it cools.
Delicious Yet So Nutritious
Coconut naturally contains a large amount of nutrients and minerals, such as manganese, which promotes bone health and the metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates, and cholesterol. Coconut also contains a large amount of iron and copper which help form red blood cells, as well as selenium, an antioxidant that helps protect your cells.
Enjoy this tart on its own or with a scoop of coconut or vanilla ice cream, and be prepared for a delectable tropical tart experience!
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- ½ cup sugar you may add sugar up to 1 cup if you like it very sweet
- 2,5 ml salt
- 2 cups full cream milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 75 ml melted butter
- 125 ml cake flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° C / 338 °F for the fan oven and 180 ° C / 325 F for a conventional oven
- Prepare a 28 cm diameter pie dish with a non-stick spray or grease with a little butter, add all the ingredients together in one bowl, mix well in your food processor or with an electric mixer
- When the mixture is mixed well and smooth, add to the prepared pie dish and bake for 55 minutes or 1 hour
- The crust will be nice and brown and will flatten when cooled