These Spiced Beef and Feta stuffed Bell Peppers are the perfect winter warmers! The combination of the warm spice with the more hearty flavours works beautifully together.
The flavour of this dish definitely lies in the spiced beef. The red chilli, cumin, and garam masala fuse beautifully together with the fresh plum tomatoes and onions. Add some rice vinegar and brown sugar to break the acidity. Deglaze your pan with beef stock to get all those flavours working together.
We recommend using red bell peppers because they have a bit more of a sweeter taste. But feel free to mix it up with green or yellow peppers. When selecting the peppers, try to pick wider ones with flatter bottoms. These will have a bit more space for the spiced beef stuffing.
CHEF’S TIP FOR STUFFED SPICED BEEF BELL PEPPERS
If you want to save some time for yourself, prepare these peppers one day in advance. After you’ve stuffed them, make sure to cover them and keep them refrigerated.
Top it all off with some feta cheese and you’ll have the tastiest spiced beef bell peppers!
For the Spiced Beef
- 180 g Beef Mince
- 50 g White Onion
- 10 g Garlic Chopped
- 15 ml Olive Oil
- 60 g Plum Tomato
- Tomato Paste
- 1 cube Beef Stock
- 0.125 g Brown Sugar
- 15 ml Rice Vinegar
- 3 g Thyme
- 1 g Red Chilli
- 0.5 g Whole Cumin
- 0.5 g Garam Masala
- 1 g Fine Pepper
For the Peppers
- 250 g Red Pepper
- 50 g Feta Cheese
For the Beef
- Heat olive oil in a pan & fry onions until brown.
- Add beef mince & continue frying. Add garlic, chilli, thyme & coriander.
- Add tomato paste, stir, then deglaze with beef stock. Add chopped tomatoes & reduce heat.
- Continue cooking for 15 minutes until thickened. Season with salt & pepper.
For the Peppers
- Stuff the peppers with mince mixture, top with feta, sprinkle with paprika & return to oven.
- Bake until feta has melted.