This quick and easy blueberry apple quick bake cake is for the lovers of all things fruity treats but are in a pinch for time. All you need for this recipe is some basic cake mix, apple slices, blueberries, and lemon juice!
This dessert only takes 30 minutes to prepare, and results in an indulgent take on the classic blueberry and apple cobbler. All that is required from this recipe is to cook your fruit in a saucepan, prepare the cake mix, ladle it over the fruit mixture, and simmer for 15 minutes.
A fruity cake has quite the charm thanks to its delightful flavour profiles. The sweetness of the cake mix and sugar, combined with the slight tartness of the fruit gives it a great balance of flavours to leave you feeling indulged and refreshed. The sugar sprinkled on top adds a slight crunch to the texture of the cake, as well as a slightly syrupy taste. Feel free to mix this dish up by adding whatever fruit you enjoy! If you would prefer a slightly sweeter, less tart cake, opt for a peach or pear bake (or both).
Serve this Blueberry and Apple Quick Bake Cake warm, and top with some fresh cream or vanilla ice cream, and a few mint leaves for colour and fragrance.
- 3 sliced apples
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup water
FOR THE CAKE
- 1 ½ cups self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powdersalt
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- ½ cup buttermilk
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the apples, berries, 6 tablespoons of sugar, lemon juice and water for 5 minutes
- Mix the cake batter together
- Use a ladle spoon to pour the cake batter over the berry mixture
- Place the lid on the saucepan and allow to simmer for 15 minutes
- Mix 2 spoons of sugar with cinnamon, and sprinkle over
- Serve hot with fresh cream