Decadence has never tasted this good…We’re talking layer upon layer of sticky caramel, crumbled chocolate biscuits, juicy strawberries and whipped cream. We’re talking gravel fridge tart…
The true joy of this tart is the minimal effort it takes to put together such a deluxe dessert. And you can even get the kids involved with the way the cookie(s) crumble… Just keep an eye on the sweet little darlings as the temptation might be great to nibble away at their own handiwork.
How long does it take to make?
From “start to tart” will take you a mere 20 minutes and most of the “hard” work would probably be whipping the cream if you’re doing it by hand.
After layering your gravel fridge tart, you will need to wait about two hours for it to set in the fridge. But be strong! Good things come to those who wait and this delicious fridge tart is truly the ultimate in sweet indulgence.
We’ve used fresh strawberries as it just always works like a dream with cream, but you could experiment with any type of fruit really. How does raspberries, thinly sliced apricots or peaches sound for a bit of a variation on the theme? Enjoy!
- 125 ml melted butter
- 1 packet white chocolate cream-filled biscuits crushed
- 1 packet chocolate cream-filled biscuits crushed
- 250 ml whipped cream
- 125 ml Caramel Treat (caramelised condensed milk)
- strawberries to taste
- Mix the crushed white biscuits with the butter.
- Press into the bottom of a tart dish.
- Spread a layer of caramel on the crust.
- Now spread a layer of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle a layer of the dark biscuit crumbs over the cream.
- Repeat step 2 to 4.
- Decorate with fresh strawberries on top.
- Place in the fridge for about two hours to set.
Not satisfied yet? Keep searching for delicious recipes here.