Dumplings are a food that has a special place in our hearts (especially sweet ones!). These Cinnamon Dumplings are a lovely homemade twist on the real thing. They are full of flavour, and super quick and easy to make!
These Cinnamon Dumplings boast a rich and buttery flavour, with cinnamon spice being the star of the show. Not only does cinnamon boast a unique and aromatic sweet, woody flavour, but it has been said that the spice is incredibly healthy, having many medicinal and soothing properties. It is used in Chinese herbal medicine, and contains a large amount of antioxidants that help protect the body from diseases, and also act as anti-inflammatories, which in turn can improve gastrointestinal and digestive issues. Let’s not forget about those scrumptious dumplings though! The texture of the dumplings themselves is soft, creamy, and chewy- perfect for satisfying that sweet tooth of yours!
If you are not into the apricot jam vibe, a great alternative is to pour warm vanilla custard over your cinnamon dumplings for a creamier texture.
These sweet dumplings take just under an hour to prepare, and the recipe serves 6- so share with your friends and family, or keep them all for yourself, we don’t judge!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup baking powder
- 30 ml sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp butter
- 15 ml apricot jam (optional)
- 6 cups water
- In a saucepan, heat the water and 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix 15 ml sugar and 2 tablespoons butter
- Add the eggs and then the dry ingredients
- Mix well
- Dip a tablespoon in the hot water
- Scoop four spoonfuls in the hot water
- Do not cook longer than 5 minutes
- Place the cooked dumplings in an ovenproof dish
- Repeat until all dough is used
- Melt the remaining butter and sugar
- Add the apricot jam if desired
- Pour over the dumplings
- Sprinkle the cinnamon over
- Place in a hot oven for 15 minutes before serving