These chocolate eclairs taste so much like the real thing, minus all the time and effort! This recipe skips the step of preparing the infamous choux pastry, replacing it with tennis biscuits, and therefore making this an easy, foolproof dessert recipe!
This dessert truly is an easy one, taking only 5 minutes to put together, and requiring only tennis biscuits, instant vanilla pudding (you can make your own from scratch if you’d like), cream, milk, and chocolate chips.
Eclairs are one of our favourite tasty treats! They have so much flavour from the chocolate, the cream, and even the coconut in the tennis biscuits. They also have so many differing textures that work together so well! The cream is soft and silky, while the biscuit is crunchy and crumbly.
If you are lactose sensitive or intolerant and wanting to make these treats a tad easier on your gut, you can make the chocolate topping with dark chocolate chips and replace the cream with virgin coconut oil, and make the filling with coconut cream!
These chocolate eclairs truly are a classic confectionary for a reason, you will not be able to get enough of them. So, perhaps save these delicacies for special occasions like birthdays!
- 32 tennis biscuits 1 ½ packets
- 1 packet instant vanilla pudding
- 200 ml cream cold
- 250 ml full cream milk cold
- 200 ml cream
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- On a tray, pack and space 16 biscuits
- Mix the pudding, cream, and milk to a thick consistency
- Using a piping bag, fill it with the mixture
- Pipe it on the biscuit, filling it from side to side
- Repeat on all the biscuits
- Place another biscuit on top of the filling, creating a biscuit
- In a saucepan, heat the cream until it boils
- Add the chocolate
- Stir until the chocolate is melted
- Scoop spoon fulls over the eclair sandwich, let it drip from the sides
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes