Perfect as a side dish for an indulgent steak or chicken main, this cucumber and tomato salad will be a lovely, creamy gap filler to guarantee complete satisfaction at the end of a hearty meal.
The great thing about this cucumber and tomato salad is that it adds freshness and crunchiness to a meal that might be fairly rich and indulgent, allowing for a break from the succulence, while at the same time complementing its flavours and textures, making you want to go back for more!
The sauce for the salad is made from a tangy mayonnaise, sour cream, and vinegar, and seasoned with dill and garlic powder. Needless to say, the sauce is a burst of flavours that exude from its rich and creamy base. This salad is also a great excuse to get those veggies in. Cucumbers and tomatoes are full of nutrients, and are a great source of vitamin C and K. They also contain antioxidants, and since cucumbers are made up of mostly water, they aid in hydration too!
Opt for a healthier side to this Creamy Cucumber and Tomato Salad
If you would like this salad to be a tad bit healthier, use a low-fat mayonnaise and sour cream.
- 2 medium cucumbers sliced in half lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 3 Roma tomatoes sliced in half lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh dill (optional) finely chopped
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ cup tangy mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tso vinegar
- In a large bowl stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, garlic powder, and dill. (optional)
- Add cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion.
- Gently stir with 2 forks to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.