This Thai Coconut, Corn and chicken soup is the perfect go-to meal for those colder days and puts a wonderful fresh twist on the classic chicken soup we all know and love.
The Thai influence is strongly noticeable with the soup’s perfect balance of sweet, sour, salty, and spicy flavours. This meal is the perfect dish to sneak some goodness and health into your immune system, since it is packed with fresh ingredients like garlic, lemongrass, ginger, and chillies. Feel free to serve the chilli on the side for those who wish to not completely embrace the Thai-style.
This hearty dish is rich with flavours and will only take you twenty minutes to cook. If you are still short on time, you can always cheat a bit and use store-bought rotisserie chicken, don’t worry, no one will know!
The beautiful thing about this dish is that it is fairly simple to make, you just follow the recipe step by step.
Chefs Tip for Thai Coconut, Corn and Chicken Soup
And always remember to stir in your coconut cream gently to avoid a disastrous clumpy or curdling mess!
With the combination of the coconut milk, chicken, and eggs, you are left with a delicious, creamy soup to enjoy by the warm fire.
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 6 cloves garlic cloves crushed
- 4 leeks chopped
- 2 sticks lemongrass finely chopped (use only the white part)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger chopped
- 1 lt chicken stock
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 tins corn kernels in brine
- 600 gram chicken breast sliced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice I use Lime Cordial
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- salt and black pepper Freshly ground
- fresh coriander leaves
- chilies (optional)
- Heat half of the oil in a large pan, add the chicken pieces, and sauté on both sides
- Add a little chicken stock, cover, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes over medium heat, or until soft
- Remove from pan and set aside on chopping board
- In the same pan add the remaining oil and add the garlic, leeks, lemongrass and ginger
- Sauté for two minutes stirring frequently
- Add the stock and coconut milk, bring to boil
- Add the chicken, lime, and brown sugar and stir
- Beat the eggs with a little water
- Whisk in the soup just before serving
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with chilies and fresh coriander.