Take your standard chicken mayo to the next level with this incredible Chicken Mayonnaise Bake! Bursting with flavours and complimentary ingredients, this is the perfect way to spruce up and add a touch of sophistication to a classic dish that is enjoyed and loved by so many.
This dish is a substantial and wholesome choice due to its high amount of chicken which is a great source of protein. This is an especially great feature in the recipe if you are a fitness junkie, as protein promotes muscle growth and maintenance, as well as the loss of body fat, if combined with exercise and healthy eating. Chicken breasts in particular are a great choice for the chicken dish as it is the leanest part of the chicken, containing high amounts of protein and low amounts of calories.
While this dish is a bit more sophisticated than your usual chicken mayo sandwich, it does not require many complicated ingredients – the main ingredients being chicken breasts and drumsticks, mayonnaise, onion soup mix, feta, and sliced peaches.
If you aren’t the biggest fan of peaches, you can swop them out for some nectarine or apricot slices. The fruit adds a sweetness and tanginess to the savoury chicken, creating an interesting (and seriously enjoyable) flavour experience that you are sure to appreciate if you try this Chicken Mayonnaise Bake out for yourself!
- 6 chicken breasts
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 410 g peach slices (1 tin) chopped finely
- 2 packets white onion soup
- 3 cups water mixed into the soup
- feta cheese – crumbled (optional)
- grounded black pepper
- fresh thyme for garnishing
- Combine together the mayonnaise, white onion soup mixed with the water, and sliced peaches.
- Place the chicken into a greased oven dish and season with salt and pepper. sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese if using.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and place the chicken into the oven to bake for 45 minutes or longer until the chicken is falling off the bone.