Spice up your regular chicken meal with this delectable grilled chicken curry dish. With its distinct flavours such as turmeric, cumin, cardamom, coriander, and ginger, this curry style chicken is sure to awaken and delight your senses! Inspired by the Indian cuisine, this dish will make you feel like you are in the charming country itself with just one bite!
What we love about this recipe is that you can cook the chicken pieces in multiple ways – using a hot grill plate, grilling them in the oven, or even braaing them for some South African flare – a refreshing mix of traditions and cultures!
Chefs Tip for Grilled Curry Chicken Pieces
An important step for this recipe is to let the chicken marinate in the mixed spices for at least 10 minutes, ensuring that the prominent flavours are locked in.
This recipe serves 6, so it is perfect for the whole family to enjoy, or even a global cuisine themed dinner party if you’d wish!
Try this dish out and be taken on a unique taste journey that might even tempt you to travel to India yourself…
… and Healthy too!
Did you know that grilling your chicken is a much healthier option for you and your heart health? Also, chicken is a high source of protein making it a great choice for any lunch, dinner or snack!
- 12 pieces of chicken (drumsticks and/or thighs)
- 20 ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 5 ml curry powder
- 1 whole lemon (juice)
- salt & pepper
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together, covering the chicken
- Let the chicken marinate for 10 minutes
- Option 1: Grill the chicken on a hot grill plate until cooked
- Option 2: Place the chicken on a grid oven dish
- Grill in the oven at 160 degrees(grill setting) for 20 minutes
- Option 3: Braai the chicken in a folding grid.